lacquer & stain care guide
thank you for the opportunity to be of serivce! we are confident that your refinished piece of furniture will make a great addition to your home.
in order to make your furniture stand the test of time, please see our care guide below:
- Newly lacquered furniture can take up to 6 weeks to fully cure, so it is recommended that you do not place any objects of significant weight on the furniture.
- When cleaning a piece of lacquered furniture, avoid using water and cleaning chemicals. Instead, regularly dust with a soft, dry cloth (microfiber is recommended). Never use oiled or treated cloths on lacquered finishes.
- Do not use wax on a lacquered piece of furniture without consulting a professional service.
- Plastic objects can dent a lacquer finish, so it is recommended that items with plastic feet are not stored on top of your piece.
- Do not place items of high heat (i.e. prepared food from oven/stove) on lacquered furniture for the first month, and never without a placemat even after the first 30 days.
- Excessive heat or cold and exposure to sunlight can change the color of the piece over time.
- In the event your piece of furniture sustains any small damage in transport or just over time due to wear & tear, we are glad to provide you with touch-up paint at the time of pick-up.